Purpose: Create a journey map to aid in the development of a mobile app for Megaphone Magazine.
Megaphone Magazine provides economic opportunities to low income and homeless residents of Vancouver and Victoria.
Outcome: Journey Map
-In person and remote interviews where users were asked to think out loud as they described their current experience of buying the magazine.
-User survey sent to the magazine email list.
-affinity diagramming to organize notes and insights.
Due to NDA's, details of this project cannot be shown.
Roles & Contribution:
- Creating interview scripts
- Conducting interviews
- Synthesizing interviews into journey map
- Sharing journey map and research insights with client
Overview of Research Process
1. Scripts & Recruitment - Scripts along with screener questions were created. Potential users were sent the screener questions to evaluate if they were a good fit for our study.
2. Conducting interviews & focus groups - 6 interviews were conducted with users, both in person and remotely, along with 2 focus groups sessions.
3. Synthesis - Interview notes were then synthesized using affinity diagramming.
4. User Journey - A user journey was then created to capture the interview notes and map feedback to different parts of the current journey to highlight pain points and opportunities for design.
5. Presentations - User journey was presented to the client along with other research highlights to help in the creation of the app.